The MHSHCA will consist of head coaches & assistant coaches of MHSAA sponsored school Varsity & JV hockey teams.
The MHSHCA Board will contain 5 members. All board positions are ex-officio positions (hold positions by holding a title of Head coach or Assistant coach of a MHSAA sponsored school).
- President: Position is obtained by being elected to the Board by the general membership as a secretary and the fulfilling a 2 year term at all Board positions in succession (Secretary 2 years, 2nd Vice President 2 years, 1st Vice President 2 years).
- 1st Vice President: Position is obtained by being elected to the Board by the general membership as a secretary and the fulfilling a 2 year term at all Board positions in succession (Secretary 2 years, 2nd Vice President 2 years).
- 2nd Vice President: Position is obtained by being elected to the Board by the general membership as a secretary and the fulfilling a 2 year term at all Board positions in succession (Secretary 2 years).
- Secretary: Position is obtained by being elected to the Board by the general membership
- Treasurer: Position is obtained by being elected to the Board by the general membership and is a lifetime term.
- Website Content Manager: Position is appointed by the Board and can be a Board Member. This is a non-voting position and will be paid a $250 stipend per calendar year. This will be paid out on June 1st of every year. Sr Board member will be Acting President-Elect.
- All general business matters
- oversee registration
- Coordinate membership meeting
- Participate in State & National Organization
- Solicit coaches for Hall of Fame nominations
- Call & presides over board meetings
- Approve purchases, along with treasurer
1st Vice President
- Rankings - begin 1st week of December - end last week of the season
- Media contacts/press releases
- Secure awards & certificates
- MHSHCA Scholarship Award
2nd Vice President
- Academic Awards
- Player of the Week
- Distribution of awards before and after yearly coaches meeting on championship Saturday
- Perseverance Award (Perseverance Award chosen & presented by Ron Baum each year. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Meeting Minutes
- MHSHCA Coaches Directory (sending out or determine who gets it)
- Academic Coordinator
- Membership Fees
- MHSHCA Financial statement
- Accounts payable
- Update MHSHCA website as needed
- In order to achieve board approval, the board must vote and the results must be a majority vote.
- A quorum must be present to vote. A quorum will be a least 3 voting members.
- motion seconded
- Nominate your players for an "Academic Scholarship Award" sponsored by the MHSHCA (1 $500.00 scholarship given to a player from each division). Only 1 player may be nominated from each team.
- Have your team available for state rankings.
- Nominate your players for All State teams or All State Honorable Mention.
- Nominate your players & team for All State Academic awards. All State Academic for an individual must meet the following criteria. 7 consecutive semesters with a 3.5 or higher gpa. The Team award is awarded to the team that has a team gpa of a 3.0 gpa or higher.
- Vote for All State teams & players.
- Access directory of association members.
- Receive information & updates about the MHSHCA & MHSAA.
- Nominate your players to participate in the Michigan High School Hockey Excellence Program.
- Attend the annual MHSHCA coaches clinic & golf outing
- Registration is open any MHSAA sponsored school coaching staff (including JV team if playing by MHSAA rules)that completes the registration process and pays it's dues.
- Membership fees are due annually by December 1st of the current season. ($200.00 per school)
- Includes the mihockeyhub.com website
- If you register after nominations open, then your players/team are only eligible to receive academic awards and will not be eligible for All State awards. Also the coach will not be eligible be nominated for the Coach of the Year award.
- The Executive Board will handle any extenuating circumstances. The Executive Board will have final say on such cases.
- Each School that is in good standing with the MHSCHA & MHSAA may nominate and vote for players for respective awards. Each school may only vote once.
- Nominations open the 1st Monday in February. Registration is open the October 1st and is closed December 1st (or first weekday of December) and the fee is $200.00. Fee's are all annual No exceptions
- 1st Monday in February All State nominations open - Annually
- 3rd Monday in February All State nominations Closed - Annually
- 4th Monday in February All State Voting open - Annually
- 4th Monday in February Coach of the Year opens
- 4th Monday in February All Academic nominations individual & team due - Annually
- 2nd Monday of playoffs All State voting closes - Annually
- Championship Saturday - Dream Team & Mr Hockey Voting opens
- 1st Tuesday after State Finals Dream Team & Mr Hockey Voting - Closed
- 1st Team All State consists of the first 12 vote leading forwards, the first 6 vote leading defensemen & the first vote leading goalies in each division
- 2nd Team consists of the next 12 forwards, 6 defensemen & 3 goalies from each division
- Honorable Mention consists of the next 12 forwards, 6 defensemen & 3 goalies
- If their is a tie both will be awarded and it will not take away the award from the next athlete
- All State Academic for an individual is based on the student athlete maintaining a 3.5 or higher gpa for 7 consecutive semesters based on a 4.0 grading scale. The team award is awarded to a team cumulative gpa of a 3.0 or higher based on a 4.0 scale
- Coach of the Year is nominated and voted on by their peers
- Assistant Coach of the Year is nominated by Head Coach and submitted to the MHSHCA Board for review & selection
- Friend of High School Hockey Award is nominated by anyone and submitted to the MHSHCA Board for review and Selection
- The Perseverance Award is awarded to an individual who had overcome great adversity. All information is submitted to Ron Baum and reviewed and selected by Ron Baum